What is your relationship to money?
Your relationship with money is often determined by the relationships your ancestors had with money. You learn and inherit these ancestral patterns.
How did your ancestors choose to spend, save, and make money?
Were they stuck in circumstances that felt limiting to them?
Did they live through the Great Depression?
Did they squander away a fortune through mismanagement?
Did they make it big only to lose it all?
Or did they fastidiously plan to secure their future? Did they immigrate to the new world and make it big?
Whatever their patterns were, it is your choice if you want to keep repeating them.
You can make a conscious choice to either embrace your ancestors’ attitudes or change the patterns once and for all, for your future generations.
Ancestral patterns are held deep in the subconscious mind. Recognizing them and choosing to change them goes a long way towards transforming them, but if you find that you keep repeating the patterns despite your awareness, or that you sabotage yourself every time you try to make a change, then deeper subconscious patterns are likely at play.
Energy psychology-based techniques that help to release the energy of the subconscious mind can release the patterns from the depth of your psyche. Exercises such as visualizing talking to your ancestor who started the dysfunctional money patterns, leaving those patterns with him, are powerful because they release the energetic hooks that connect us to these patterns.
The first step is to recognize the patterns.
It was not just what your parents taught you about money, though this has a major impact on your attitude, but also their parents and grandparents.
Talk to relatives that are alive and think back on any family stories that pertained to attitudes about money. Think about what your parents taught you about money through what they said and what they did.
Here is a simple exercise to help you do that:
- Trace back through your maternal and paternal lineage everything you know about your family’s financial situations and attitudes. There will likely be different patterns on your mother’s and father’s side.
- Write down key events, such as losses and gains of fortunes and property for your family. Do this separately for your mother’s and father’s side of the family. You can divide the events for all of your grandparents as well, depending on how much family history you know.
- Look at what patterns you discover. Write it down. Do you like the patterns that have been passed down to you?
- Make a conscious decision to end patterns that you no longer want to perpetuate. Write down your intention. For example: if you recognize a pattern in your family of poverty and barely getting by, you can create this affirmation: I am financially secure and prosperous.
- Write down your affirmation. Look at it each day. Write it out each day. Say it out loud each day.
Old money patterns that no longer serve you can drain your energy and derail your progress in creating your prosperity unless you bring them to the light and transform them.
If you struggle with making money, keeping money, or enjoying the money you have, consider Spiritual Coaching with me to uncover, release and transform the patterns and create the prosperous life that you truly enjoy!
Call me or email me at: 303-242-7824 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Let me support you in your magnificence!
Leave A Comment